[comp.mail.misc] Email to ComuServe?

iahg0490@uxa.cso.uiuc.edu (02/06/89)

Does anyone know if it is possible to send email to users of the commercial
computer services, such as CompuServe, from internet?

Thanks.
ilmar%uieea@uxc.cso.uiuc.edu
       or
ilmar@uicslsg.csg.uiuc.edu

gws@cbnews.ATT.COM (Gary W. Sanders) (02/07/89)

In article <114800001@uxa.cso.uiuc.edu> iahg0490@uxa.cso.uiuc.edu writes:

>Does anyone know if it is possible to send email to users of the commercial
>computer services, such as CompuServe, from internet?

NO, not really, you cant send to compuserve from a internet site. I have
heard someone set up a gateway and was charging for the gateway service, but
CI$ was not to happy with it, so it was stopped. I did however see that
compuserve now has a unix machine and is listed in the maps.
--
Gary Sanders (N8EMR) gws@cbnews (w) gws@n8emr (h)
72277,1325 (cis)	 n8emr@w8cqk (packet)