[comp.mail.misc] Address help

riedesel@uiucdcsb.UUCP (02/12/87)

Does anyone know if the following address should work from the arpanet?

user%uicvm.bitnet@wiscvm.wisc.edu

I had thought that it works, and it does sometimes, but not always.
Is it because of lots of traffic on the nets?  What I really want
is a consistent address.

Thanks for the help.
Joel

marv@vsedev.UUCP (02/14/87)

In article <167600001@uiucdcsb> riedesel@uiucdcsb.cs.uiuc.edu writes:

>Does anyone know if the following address should work from the arpanet?
>
>user%uicvm.bitnet@wiscvm.wisc.edu

    That should work. That's how my friends used to contact me when I
    was at CUNYVM

             -marvin

jek@dukeac.UUCP (James Kittock) (02/10/89)

I was wondering if any users/experts/gurus etc. out there can help me figure
out how to send mail to the following schools:

1) Virginia Tech.  I know they have some bitnet sites and maybe even some
internet sites, but what I want to do is send mail onto their campuswide
LAN system so my friends can get mail in their rooms.  I know that they can
currently send mail intra-campus, but how can I get mail to them (most don't
have mainframe accounts) from here at Duke?

2) Bates College (Lewiston maine).  I believe they have something similar
to Tech, but _any_ address information would be helpful.

3) William and Mary. Anything would be OK.

Thanks in advance
--
james kittock - Duke '92 - P.O. Box 5750, Duke Station, Durham NC 27706-5750
"...I had a mad impulse to throw you down on the lunar surface!" -- Woody Allen