[comp.mail.misc] smail2.5 trouble

ejnihill@sactoh0.UUCP (Eric J. Nihill) (04/04/89)

  Could some kind soul please point me in the correct
direction to look to cure this trouble.
 I am running smail2.5 and am having the following trouble.
When I send mail to a connecting site using the ! method, I
get the following in the D.xxxxxx file in /usr/spool/uucp/site:

U root sactoh0
# return status on failure
# return address for status or input return
R root
F D.sacto8908d5f
I D.sacto8908d5f
C rmail ejnihill

The rmail command on the C line is correct.
However, when I use the @ method, I get the following results:

U root sactoh0
# return status on failure
# return address for status or input return
R root
F D.sacto8909d0f
I D.sacto8909d0f
C rmail

As you can see, the rmail is not getting the variable "usr" to
pass on to the receiving site.

The same results apply to multi-hops.
ie: ! path:

U root sactoh0
# return status on failure
# return address for status or input return
R root
F D.sacto89074c7
I D.sacto89074c7
C rmail athena!ejnihill

@ path:

U root sactoh0
# return status on failure
# return address for status or input return
R root
F D.sacto8904c46
I D.sacto8904c46
C rmail athena!

Statistics:
AT&T 3B2 SVR3.2
/bin/*mail* entries
-r-xr-sr-x   2 root     mail       41334 Mar 16  1988 /bin/OLDrmail
-r-xr-sr-x   2 root     mail       41334 Mar 16  1988 /bin/lmail
-r-xr-sr-x   1 root     mail       27457 Apr  3 09:22 /bin/mail
-r-xr-sr-x   2 root     mail       83914 Apr  3 09:23 /bin/rmail
-r-xr-sr-x   2 root     mail       83914 Apr  3 09:23 /bin/smail
/usr/lib/uucp/paths entry
(stuff deleted)
csusac	csusac!%	95

In advance, thanks;
                  Eric

--
To Hell With The Computer,            ...pacbell!sactoh0!ejnihill
 Where Are The Women!?!?!                      Flick Lives

phile@lgnp1.LS.COM (Phil Eschallier) (04/04/89)

In article <811@sactoh0.UUCP>, ejnihill@sactoh0.UUCP (Eric J. Nihill) writes:

> (stuff deleted)
> csusac	csusac!%	95

	eric,

	you have made a mistake in formatting the line in paths.  try:
	csusac	csusac!%s	95

	(you left the 's' off of '%s').

--
Phil Eschallier                                        | Lagniappe Systems
(Preferred E-mail): { root | phile }@LS.COM            | 1011 New Hope St. #87c