jdiaz@oracle.com (Jean Marie Diaz) (04/01/89)

   From: rsalz@bbn.com (Rich Salz)
   Date: 31 Mar 89 14:53:36 GMT

   I don't know; comp.mail.misc is hardly overwhelmed with traffic.

That's because they're running a mailing list, which is large and getting
larger.  I think converting it to a newsgroup is a good idea.

				   AMBAR
ambar@oracle.com				 {uunet,pyramid}!oracle!ambar

dansmith@well.UUCP (Dan "Bucko" Smith) (04/02/89)

	Yep, it's about time Mush gets a group of its' own!
A newsgroup will help further its development.

				dan

--
             Dan "Bucko" Smith, Lucasfilm, Marin County, CA
     well!dansmith  unicom!daniel@pacbell.com  daniel@island.uu.net

wyle@inf.ethz.ch (Mitchell Wyle) (04/02/89)

>I don't know; comp.mail.misc is hardly overwhelmed with traffic.
>	/r$

I have been archiving much of the traffic on the mush-users mailing
list (of which there are over 120 subscribers).  Very few messages
contrast elm or mailx to mush; very many are mush-specific.  In other
words, a "misc" group is probably not appropriate.

I support the creation of a new mush usenet news group, not only for us
"beta-testers," but also for the "leaches" of usenet so that they can
suck information, without having to be a beta-tester, contribute code,
bug reports, or suggestions.

We could "take over" comp.mail.misc, but I think it's cleaner to form
our own group.
--
-Mitchell F. Wyle                         wyle@ethz.uucp
Institut fuer Informationssysteme         wyle@inf.ethz.ch

cew@venera.isi.edu (Craig E. Ward) (04/04/89)

In article <11198@well.UUCP> dansmith@well.UUCP (Dan "Bucko" Smith) writes:

>	Yep, it's about time Mush gets a group of its' own!
>A newsgroup will help further its development.

I agree.  My main interest for mush is as a replacement for mailtool on Suns.
Here we've had many problems with mailtool but people like it because of the
mouse interface.
ARPA: 	cew@venera.isi.edu
PHONE:	(213)822-1511 ext. 111
USPS:	USC Information Sciences Institute
	4676 Admiralty Way, Suite 1100
	Marina del Rey, CA 90292
Slogan:	"nemo me impune lacessit"

paul@devon.LNS.PA.US (Paul Sutcliffe Jr.) (04/04/89)

In article <JDIAZ.89Mar31125125@hqsun1.oracle.com>
jdiaz@oracle.com (Jean Marie Diaz) writes:
this discussion.  I'm ready to send my yes vote.

Besides, there is a comp.mail.elm  :-)

- paul

--
INTERNET:  paul@devon.LNS.PA.US		|   How many whales do you have to
UUCP:	   ...!rutgers!devon!paul	|	save to get a toaster?

jfh@rpp386.Dallas.TX.US (John F. Haugh II) (04/04/89)

In article <137@inf.ethz.ch> wyle@inf.ethz.ch (Mitchell Wyle) writes:
>>I don't know; comp.mail.misc is hardly overwhelmed with traffic.
>>	/r$
>
>We could "take over" comp.mail.misc, but I think it's cleaner to form
>our own group.

Take over .misc.  If there is too much traffic someone will come
back in a month or so and ask to have you thrown out.  According to
my active file, comp.mail.misc only sees about 70 articles per
month.  I don't think you are going to overwhelm that newsgroup
any time soon.  [ n.b. - comp.mail.elm has about the same level of
activity ]
--
John F. Haugh II                        +-Quote of the Week:-------------------
VoiceNet: (214) 250-3311   Data: -6272  | "Porsche does not recommend

steve@ivaux.UUCP (Steve Lemke) (04/06/89)

In article <137@inf.ethz.ch> wyle@inf.ethz.ch (Mitchell Wyle) writes:
}
}Very few messages contrast elm or mailx to mush; very many are mush-specific.

Well, how about a message from someone contrasting mush and elm?  I am
familiar with elm, and currently run mailx on my Mac II (A/UX).  Should I
get the new version of elm or should I locate mush (and where does one find
mush?)  How about a brief summary of features/differences?

--
----- Steve Lemke ------------------- "MS-DOS (OS/2, etc.) - just say no!"
----- Internet: lemke@apple.ucsb.edu                 AppleLink:  Lemke