[comp.mail.misc] Sending/receiving mail from $$$ nets

gall@yunexus.UUCP (Norman R. Gall) (04/30/89)

This question is either ridiculous or been asked and answered umpteen
times.  I apologise to those that would be annoyed.

I have access to machines on both Bitnet and Internet (surprise) and I
would like to send mail to addresses on Compuserve and GEnie.  I have
found out how to send to AppleLink, so I suspect that there is a
gateway to Compu$erve somewhere.  Can anyone help me?

andvTHANKSance.

Norman R. Gall

wyle@inf.ethz.ch (Mitchell Wyle) (05/05/89)

In article <1753@yunexus.UUCP> gall@yunexus.UUCP (Norman R. Gall) writes:
>would like to send mail to addresses on Compuserve and GEnie.  I have
>found out how to send to AppleLink, so I suspect that there is a
>gateway to Compu$erve somewhere.  Can anyone help me?
>andvTHANKSance.
>Norman R. Gall

DASnet bridges many commercial and some academic e-mail nets.

Contact:

Anna B. Lange
DA Systems Inc
1503 E. Campbell Ave.
Campbell, CA  95008
408-559-7434

It bridges MCI mail, ATT mail, uucp, internet, bix, Well, Telex, Fax,
telemail, Portal, EasyLink, etc.  There are a bunch of bridges, and
I'm curious about their address space (how they parse, forward, etc.).

I just got a propoganda page in the mail, don't use the service myself.
Of course you have to pay for it, but it looks useful.
--
-Mitchell F. Wyle
Institut fuer Informationssysteme         wyle@inf.ethz.ch

karl@triceratops.cis.ohio-state.edu (Karl Kleinpaste) (05/06/89)

gall@yunexus.UUCP (Norman R. Gall) writes:
   ...so I suspect that there is a gateway to Compu$erve somewhere.

Yes, there is.  No, it isn't considered operational or "live" yet.
Yes, it works, it works just fine.  No, I can't say with any degree of
certainty when it'll be announced and allowed to go "live."
Marketroids have finally been informed and they are worrying over it
for a while for no good reason, as all marketroids do.

Irritated by the wait more
than you would believe,
--Karl

ulmo@seal.ucsc.edu (Brad Allen) (05/09/89)

> I have access to machines on both Bitnet and Internet (surprise) and I
> would like to send mail to addresses on Compuserve and GEnie.

For DARPA-related research type mail, you can use INTERMAIL.ISI.EDU
or INTERMAIL@ISI.EDU or something like it ... try finding out more
about that perhaps.  There are a few files about this available
anonymous ftp from SH.CS.NET with the name "mci" in their filenames,
also I saw a posting about this on the Info-Nets mailing list recently,
also if you need help you can mail Ann Westine <Westine@ISI.EDU>,
also I seem to have an old version of the file for how to mail to MCI Mail.

It has connections to MCI Mail and a small slew of others.
I assume DARPA is footing the bill for everything
(this is a case where I also assume people should respect this fact).
(That's why this is for DARPA related mail only.)