[comp.mail.misc] map problems Too many chiefs, not enough...

david@dhw68k.cts.com (David H. Wolfskill) (05/26/89)

In article <249@vector.Dallas.TX.US> chip@vector.Dallas.TX.US (Chip Rosenthal) writes:
>Just stumbled upon a conflict in site names -- there is a "chief" in tx
>and one in ca.  There are probably a bunch more of these.

Well, checking u.usa.ca.* and u.usa.tx.*, I find a real map entry for a
site named "chief" in u.usa.ca.1, with (unfortunately) no #W line (so I
have no idea when the entry was written).

I also find that in u.usa.tx.3, site woton is claiming a DIRECT link to
a site named "chief" -- which is, presumably, the same site.  If that
does not, in fact, correspond to the reality that the S/A at woton
intends, perhaps a map update for woton is in order....

david
--
David H. Wolfskill
uucp: ...{spsd,zardoz,felix}!dhw68k!david	InterNet: david@dhw68k.cts.com

lance@hermix.UUCP (Lance Ellinghouse) (05/31/89)

To clarify everything I decided to post here instead of sending lots
of little messages all over the place.

chief in TX gave up the systems name chief to the chief in CA about
1 - 1.5 years ago.

I am the Sysadmin for chief in CA. I did not relize that I had not included
a #W line. Sorry. I will update it when I get a chance.

I don't know why it still shows up in TX.

Lance Ellinghouse

--
Lance Ellinghouse
Mark V Systems, Ltd.