[comp.mail.misc] TYMNET

acw@hcx.uucp (Andrew C. Welch) (06/09/89)

Does anyone have any idea on how to get mail from USEnet to TYMnet?  I need
to know possible gateways that I can try as well as the required address
format.  Any help or even vague hints will be greatly appreciated.

Andrew Welch    | The usual stuff about my words being my |
NASA/MSFC       | own applies here.		          |
(205)544-4548   |                                         |
acw@hcx

cleeland@rex.cs.tulane.edu (Chris Cleeland) (06/09/89)

In article <2549@cveg.uucp> acw@hcx.uucp (Andrew C. Welch) writes:

>Does anyone have any idea on how to get mail from USEnet to TYMnet?  I need
>to know possible gateways that I can try as well as the required address
>format.  Any help or even vague hints will be greatly appreciated.

If anyone has information about this, I'd like it too.  I have some friends
who work at a Veterans Hospital that i would like to communicate with via
email, but has not as yet found a gateway there.  Surely there must be a
government installation somewhere that might act as a gateway between
either Internet or Usenet and Tymnet (I think that the subset that the VA
uses is called VADATS, but I'm really not sure if that's just the name of
their protocol, or what).

Any help appreciated.  Please e-mail responses if possible, as I don't
regularly read this group (though I might start).
--
Thanks
Chris Cleeland, Tulane University

Disclaimer:  I haven't said anything worth not claiming!!!

maton@dvinci.USask.CA (Terry Maton) (06/12/89)

From article <2549@cveg.uucp>, by acw@hcx.uucp (Andrew C. Welch):

> Does anyone have any idea on how to get mail from USEnet to TYMnet?  I need
> to know possible gateways that I can try as well as the required address
> format.  Any help or even vague hints will be greatly appreciated.
>
> Andrew Welch    | The usual stuff about my words being my |
> NASA/MSFC       | own applies here.		          |
> (205)544-4548   |                                         |
> acw@hcx

     Me TOO!

	Terry Maton
	University of Saskatchewan
	Saskatoon
	Saskatchewan
	Canada

uucp address:	maton@dvinci.USask.ca
bitnet address: MATON@SASK.BITNET

******* One Planet - One People - PLEASE *******

vijay@lll-winken.LLNL.GOV (Vijay Subramaniam) (06/14/89)

Tymnet is on the internet now, I am not sure if this is a service to their customers, or if this is just their office machine.
So mail to user@tymix.tymnet.com might work.

					Vijay