[comp.mail.misc] Looking for UUCP for PC/DOS

bobm@cpoint.UUCP (Bob Mulcahy) (06/23/89)

I am looking to connect my PC to the usenet.  I have heard of a program
called uupc.  Any info on that program or any other package would be helpful.

thanks,
bob

--
        Bob Mulcahy   Clearpoint Research Corp.
	99 South Street, Hopkinton Ma. 01748  508 435 2000

William_A_Huttig@cup.portal.com (06/26/89)

Try fsuucp its availiable via ftp on polyslo.calpoly.edu and from
fubarsys... 1-805-544-9234

It's the most reliable uucp I have found...
Bill

bill@sigma.UUCP (William Swan) (06/27/89)

In article <19879@cup.portal.com> William_A_Huttig@cup.portal.com writes:
>Try fsuucp its availiable via ftp on polyslo.calpoly.edu and from
>fubarsys... 1-805-544-9234
>It's the most reliable uucp I have found...

Could you explain? I recently installed UUPC (the version released two
years ago), and outside of a few initial hacks to make it go, it's been
working just fine for me.

I am suffering from trying to keep three different mailers (UUPC, CP/Mail,
and unix 4.2) straight, so what's one more?  :-)

--
Bill Swan  entropy.ms.washington.edu!sigma!bill  Send postal address for info:
	Innocent but in prison in Washington State for 13.5 years:

asv@gaboon.UUCP (Stan Voket) (06/30/89)

In article <19879@cup.portal.com>, William_A_Huttig@cup.portal.com writes:
> Try fsuucp its availiable via ftp on polyslo.calpoly.edu and from
> fubarsys... 1-805-544-9234
>
> It's the most reliable uucp I have found...
> Bill

Is there an annonymous uucp source available?

Thanks,

| - Stan Voket, asv@gaboon  Land Line: (203) 746-4489  TELEX 4996516 - |