[comp.mail.misc] How do you mail to Compuserve??new

wtr@ceres.physics.uiowa.edu (09/28/89)

In article <7851@microsoft.UUCP>, t-jlee@microsoft.UUCP (Johnny Lee) writes:
> Hi, I remember seeing a posting like this but I didn't
> think I would need it (all the important people are on
> BITNET, ARPANET, etc. right???).
> Well I need to contact someone and the only electronic
> address I've got is his Compuserve number.
> So I know that there is a compuserve.com,  but how
> are you supposed to mail to a number i.e. 78234,1289
> (I just made that up - it looks something like a Compuserve
> address).

  Please don't stop there!!!  Does anyone out there have
the corresponding information for other services such as
TELENET, TYMNET, Western Union, The SOurce.

  I have users that need to communicate with these services
that can access the internet much more conveniently than
they can others like COmpuserve, Telent, etc.  (especially
when it comes time to track down a modem for them).

Thanks
Bill Robison
SYSWTR@IOWASP.PHYSICS.UIOWA.EDU

sam@tut.cis.ohio-state.edu (Sam Neely) (10/03/89)

In article <21489.25215323@ceres.physics.uiowa.edu> wtr@ceres.physics.uiowa.edu writes:
>  Please don't stop there!!!  Does anyone out there have
>the corresponding information for other services such as
>TELENET, TYMNET, Western Union, The SOurce.

The Source has ceased to exist.  CompuServe bought them
back in June 1989.

	- Sam