[comp.mail.misc] Is BIX reachable from internet/bitnet?

zebolskyd@yvax.byu.edu (09/28/89)

I have tried to send mail to a BIX subscriber without success. I have
tried user@bix, user@bix.com, and user@bix.bitnet without success. Any
suggestions?

--Lyle D. Gunderson  zebolskyd@yvax.byu.edu

geoff@pmafire.UUCP (Geoff Allen) (09/29/89)

In article <826zebolskyd@yvax.byu.edu> zebolskyd@yvax.byu.edu writes:
>I have tried to send mail to a BIX subscriber without success. I have
>tried user@bix, user@bix.com, and user@bix.bitnet without success. Any
>suggestions?

According to the maps posted in comp.mail.maps, there are two places to
send mail to BIX.  They are bixpb and bytepb.  I've tried sending mail
to someone at bixpb, but uunet returned it to me after 30 days (or
whatever), saying that the mail was undeliverable.  Has anyone had any
success mailing to BIX?

--
Geoff Allen
...{uunet|bigtex}!pmafire!geoff

ta2@acci.com (10/02/89)

In article <826zebolskyd@yvax.byu.edu>, zebolskyd@yvax.byu.edu writes:
> I have tried to send mail to a BIX subscriber without success. I have
> tried user@bix, user@bix.com, and user@bix.bitnet without success. Any
> suggestions?

You get to BIX via DASnet. I have sent mail from my Bix account to my UUCP
address. The reverse didn't work but I didn't look into why.

--
Tom Allebrandi  | Advanced Computer Consulting,Inc  |  Charlottesville, VA
804 977 4272    | VMS User's Network Working Group -- The DECUS UUCP people

zebolskyd@yvax.byu.edu (10/04/89)

In article <187.2526718e@acci.com>, Tom Allebrandi writes:

>In article <826zebolskyd@yvax.byu.edu>, zebolskyd@yvax.byu.edu writes:
>> I have tried to send mail to a BIX subscriber without success. I have
>> tried user@bix, user@bix.com, and user@bix.bitnet without success. Any
>> suggestions?
>
>You get to BIX via DASnet. I have sent mail from my Bix account to my UUCP
>address. The reverse didn't work but I didn't look into why.

Thanks for the information. But what is DASnet, and how do you use it?
How does one address the mail?

--Lyle D. Gunderson   zebolskyd@yvax.byu.edu

Mark_Cameron_Henderson@cup.portal.com (10/09/89)

> I have tried to send mail to a BIX subscriber without success. I have
> tried user@bix, user@bix.com, and user@bix.bitnet without success. Any
> suggestions?
>
> --Lyle D. Gunderson  zebolskyd@yvax.byu.edu
user@dcibix.das.net works fine.