[comp.mail.misc] Mail Management

datta@vacs.uwp.wisc.edu (David Datta) (10/25/89)

I am looking for some sort of a program that will help in managing mail
boxes, things like sorting by subject and date, sorting by From:
etc...

I am running UNIX [Berkley 4.2] mail.

If there is no such program, is there a standard "mail file format"
between systems so that if I write such a mail "organizer", it could be
used with other mail programs.
--
-Dave datta@vacs.uwp.wisc.edu

markw@gvlf1-c.gvl.unisys.com (Mark H. Weber) (10/25/89)

In article <593@uwm.edu> datta@vacs.uwp.wisc.edu (David Datta) writes:
>I am looking for some sort of a program that will help in managing mail
>boxes, things like sorting by subject and date, sorting by From:
>etc...

The 'elm' package may be what you want. You should be able to obtain it from
a comp.sources.unix site near you. The current version is 2.2, patch level 13.
There is a newsgroup for 'elm' support - comp.mail.elm.

Mark (a satisfied elm user)

--
  Mark H. Weber                   | Internet: markw@GVL.Unisys.COM
  Unisys - Great Valley Labs      |     UUCP: ...!uunet!lgnp1!gvlv2!markw