[comp.mail.misc] Mailing between nets

dwj@acd4.UUCP ( Dan Johnson ) (11/11/89)

In article <33993@cornell.UUCP> stefan@svax.cs.cornell.edu (Kjartan Stefansson) writes:
>Couple of months ago, John Chew, U.Toronto, volunteered to do exactly
>this.  I guess John has been busy lately, but here is the last list he
>sent:
>
>[much netmail data removed]
>
>#F internet
>#T compuserve
>#R xxxx,yyy
>#I send to "7xxxx.yyy@compuserve.com"

As I stated in E-mail messages to the first two people to post this
list (John and one other), this is not quite right.  This should be

#F internet
#T compuserve
#R 7xxxx,yyyy
#I send to "7xxxx.yyyy@compuserve.com"

I know this, because I have been corresponding regularly with someone
on Compu$erve, and my attempt to use the first form bounced at the
gateway (it did not like the '7' added at the beginning).  Also, the
second form matches the description Karl Kleinpaste posted (several
times) in this newsgroup.  Somebody's editor must have acted up at a
bad moment.
--
Daniel W. Johnson              Applied Computing Devices, Inc.
UUCP: ...!uunet!acd4!dwj       Earth: 39 25 02 N / 87 19 55 W (approx.)