[comp.mail.misc] NETHACK posting

In article <193@falkor.UUCP> heiby@chg.mcd.mot.com (Ron Heiby) writes:
>I would greatly appreciate it if NO ONE were to email nethack to
>benfeen@ddsw1.mcs.com, at least not via mcdchg (chg.mcd.mot.com).
>When part 12 comes by, I will be happy to send benfeen a copy from
>there, but would rather not end up paying for multiple copies being
>emailed through my site.  Thanks much.

This is a specific instance of a generic problem.  Has anyone solved it
in a way that allows a site to pass reasonable mail messages but not
be used for bulk file transfers?  It is not reasonable to expect users
to understand routing, and the most common case is likely to be where
one user sends a mail message (or posts to usenet) requesting something
and another user sends it back the same path.

Les Mikesell
  les@chinet.chi.il.us