[comp.mail.misc] UUCP to Telenet

jeffj@cbnewsm.ATT.COM (jeffrey.n.jones) (02/03/90)

How would I go about sending email via UUCP to a Telenet mailbox? A friend
and I have a real need to be able to do this. Thanks for any and all help!

                       Jeff Jones

--
         Jeff Jones        | Prediction is very difficult, especially
 UUCP   att!cbnewsm!jeffj  | about the future.

cew@venera.isi.edu (Craig E. Ward) (02/06/90)

In article <8997@cbnewsm.ATT.COM> jeffj@cbnewsm.ATT.COM (jeffrey.n.jones,ca1028,) writes:
>How would I go about sending email via UUCP to a Telenet mailbox? A friend
>and I have a real need to be able to do this. Thanks for any and all help!

"Telenet mailbox" is too vague a term.  From what I can tell, Telenet is a
network on which one can reach several mail systems.

The Commercial Mail Relay (CMR) uses Telenet to connect to Telemail (host
TELEMAIL/USA) and Dialcom (for IEEE Compmail, nsfmail and usdamail).  If you
need to access either of them, then the CMR could do it.  You can write
"Intermail-Request@ISI.EDU" for user instructions and the acceptable use
policy.  (Actually, I posted the instructions to this group a little over a
week ago.)

--
Craig E. Ward <cew@venera.isi.edu> 	Slogan:	"nemo me impune lacessit"
USPS:	USC Information Sciences Institute