[comp.mail.misc] Sending mail to DialComp

harish@guille.ECE.ORST.EDU (Harish Pillay) (02/08/90)

A friend of mine is trying to send me e-mail from a DialComp account.  He does
not have an account yet and is holding off till he knows for sure that he
can access Internet from CompMail.  I looked at the posting a week ago about
sending mail between systems, but it does not mention DialComp.  Appended below
is the list of known connections mentioned in the article.

# These are currently one of:
#
#   applelink     Apple Computer, Inc.'s in-house network
#   bitnet        international academic network
#   bix           Byte Information eXchange: Byte magazine's commercial BBS
#   bmug          Berkeley Macintosh Users Group
#   compuserve    commercial time-sharing service
#   connect       Connect Professional Information Network (commercial)
#   fax           Facsimile document transmission
#   fidonet       PC-based BBS network
#   geonet        commercial information network
#   internet      the Internet
#   mci           MCI's commercial electronic mail service
#   mfenet        Magnetic Fusion Energy Network
#   nasamail      NASA internal electronic mail
#   sinet         Schlumberger Information NETwork
#   span          Space Physics Analysis Network
#   telemail      Telenet's commercial mail service

I'd appreciate pointers to/from DialComp and will post a summary.  Please
do reply via e-mail.

Thanks.

---
Harish Pillay                                       harish@ece.orst.edu
Oregon State University

cew@venera.isi.edu (Craig E. Ward) (02/09/90)

In article <15617@orstcs.CS.ORST.EDU> harish@guille.ECE.ORST.EDU (Harish Pillay) writes:
>A friend of mine is trying to send me e-mail from a DialComp account.  He does
>not have an account yet and is holding off till he knows for sure that he
>can access Internet from CompMail.  I looked at the posting a week ago about
>sending mail between systems, but it does not mention DialComp.  Appended below
>is the list of known connections mentioned in the article.
>
># These are currently one of:
>#
> [list deleted]
>I'd appreciate pointers to/from DialComp and will post a summary.  Please
>do reply via e-mail.

Compmail is a service provided by Dialcom to IEEE so I assume you mean
Dialcom (unless they've changed their name again...).

The IEEE Compmail system on Dialcom is connected to the Internet through the
Commercial Mail Relay.  I posted the user instructions to this group last
month and have sent updated information to the maintainer of that list.  I
will send Pillay a copy but others should send their requests to:

		     intermail-request@intermail.isi.edu

p.s. A Dialcom representative was out here recently and told us that their
parent company was no longer ITT but British Telecom.
--
Craig E. Ward <cew@venera.isi.edu> 	Slogan:	"nemo me impune lacessit"
USPS:	USC Information Sciences Institute

harish@guille.ECE.ORST.EDU (Harish Pillay) (02/10/90)

In article <11789@venera.isi.edu> cew@venera.isi.edu.UUCP (Craig E. Ward) writes:

|The IEEE Compmail system on Dialcom is connected to the Internet through the
|Commercial Mail Relay.  I posted the user instructions to this group last
|month and have sent updated information to the maintainer of that list.  I
|will send Pillay a copy but others should send their requests to:
|
|		     intermail-request@intermail.isi.edu
|
|p.s. A Dialcom representative was out here recently and told us that their
|parent company was no longer ITT but British Telecom.

  Someone from Intermail did mail be a how-to.  Thanks for all the info.
I'll pass on the list to the person who maintains a "How To Send Mail Between
Systems".

|--
|Craig E. Ward <cew@venera.isi.edu> 	Slogan:	"nemo me impune lacessit"
|USPS:	USC Information Sciences Institute
|	4676 Admiralty Way, Suite 1100
|	Marina del Rey, CA 90292

  Thanks again.

---