[comp.mail.misc] rfc987

In article <648@kps.UUCP> llj@kps.se (Leif Ljung /DP) writes:
>Are there any implementations of the rfc822, x400 mapping.
>PD or commercial? Experiences? Any info is appreciated.

Both Touch and Retix (US companies that supply X.400 transports)
offer implementations. I don't know anything about them other
than that I think Retix gets theirs from Interactive Systems Corp..
I'd love to see more info if someone has it, particularly since
987 seems pretty useless for anything other than simple text.
| Alphalpha Software, Inc. | Voice/Fax: 617/646-7703 | Home: 617/641-3805     |
| 148 Scituate St.         | Smart fax, dial number. | BBS:  617/641-3722     |
| Arlington, MA 02174      | Dumb fax, dial number,  |                        |
| nazgul@alphalpha.com     | wait for ring, press 3. | BBS line is still dead |

david@ms.uky.edu (David Herron -- a slipped disk) (02/28/90)

PP!  PP!  Available from the author of RFC-987 even!

(Note, it's in Beta test at the moment... so probably you can't get
it right now..)

(He grumbled slightly the last time I mentioned it was derived from MMDF,
so I guess I won't mention that...)
--
<- David Herron; an MMDF guy                              <david@ms.uky.edu>
<- ska: David le casse\*'      {rutgers,uunet}!ukma!david, david@UKMA.BITNET