[comp.mail.misc] Reading material

terry@jgaltstl.UUCP (terry linhardt) (03/19/90)

At the risk of asking a redundant question, what books (if any) can be
recommended that gives a detailed, in-depth discussion of the
'ins and outs' of mailers, domain names, maps and how they are
used, etc.? Thanks

|  Terry Linhardt      The Lafayette Group      uunet!jgaltstl!terry  |

ziegast@umd5.umd.edu (Eric W. Ziegast) (03/20/90)

In article <246@jgaltstl.UUCP> terry@jgaltstl.UUCP (terry linhardt) writes:
>At the risk of asking a redundant question, what books (if any) can be
>recommended that gives a detailed, in-depth discussion of the
>'ins and outs' of mailers, domain names, maps and how they are
>used, etc.? Thanks

See my previous article (Re: Internet <--> Compuserve).
Once again, the book is "The Matrix" by John S. Quarterman
(c) 1988, Digital Press.

It focuses more on networks and sending mail through gateways than on the
types of mailers used. If you ask me, it's an RFC822 world. Anything else
is just "uncivilized". :-)

Eric Ziegast