[comp.mail.misc] Mail to PSIMAIL

scott@helens.STANFORD.EDU (scott) (07/04/90)

I'm trying to send mail from this account to the PSIMAIL network, which
I understand is a DEC X.29 network.  Any advice on how to get from here
to there?

Thanks,
Greg

ttl@sti.fi (Timo Lehtinen) (07/08/90)

In article <110@helens.STANFORD.EDU> scott@helens.STANFORD.EDU (scott) writes:
>I'm trying to send mail from this account to the PSIMAIL network, which
>I understand is a DEC X.29 network.  Any advice on how to get from here
>to there?
>
>Thanks,
>Greg

Assuming you are connected to Internet via SMTP mail, the only way to
send mail over X.25 to a VAXmail user is through a VAX/VMS system
which has the VAX/PSI product installed and is someway reachable
through Internet. In other words you must use some VAX/VMS system as
a gateway.

Timo

--
Timo Lehtinen			Internet:	ttl@sti.fi
Stream Technologies Inc.	X.400:		C=fi,A=fumail,P=inet,O=sti