[comp.mail.misc] MCI -- Netnorth Gateway

madhavan@bcrks52.bnr.ca (Rajeev Madhavan) (08/03/90)

Hello:

I have been trying to send a mail to an MCI address from the
Internet, but without any success. I have tried a combination
of delimiters (%,@ and !), but all of them seem to bounce.
Is there some Internet-MCI gateway?? If yes, what would be
mci mail address like admin=mci prmd=XX country=US g=YYYY s=MMMMM
look like?

I hope this is the correct forum and would appreciate any e-mail
to my address (madhavan@bnr.ca)

Thanks

ralphs@halcyon.wa.com (Ralph Sims) (08/04/90)

madhavan@bcrks52.bnr.ca (Rajeev Madhavan) writes:

> Is there some Internet-MCI gateway?? If yes, what would be
> mci mail address like admin=mci prmd=XX country=US g=YYYY s=MMMMM
> look like?

From the

# Inter-Network Mail Guide - Copyright 1990 by John J. Chew

we find:

#F internet
#T mci
#R John Smith (123-4567)
#I send to "1234567@mcimail.com"
#I or send to "JSMITH@mcimail.com" if "JSMITH" is unique
#I or send to "John_Smith@mcimail.com" if "John Smith" is unique - note the
#I    underscore!
#I or send to "John_Smith/1234567@mcimail.com" if "John Smith" is NOT unique

--
  Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most...