[comp.mail.misc] MUSH for DOS?

schriste@uceng.UC.EDU (Steven V. Christensen) (08/06/90)

Can someone tell me what is the latest version of MUSH source code
which is compilable under MS-DOS? I remember a version 5.7 which came
with source #ifdef's for DOS, but is there a later version? Where
can I get it (FTP, etc..)?

		Thanks,
			Steven

--
Steven V. Christensen
U.C. College of Eng.

schaefer@ogicse.ogi.edu (Barton E. Schaefer) (08/07/90)

In article <5713@uceng.UC.EDU> schriste@uceng.UC.EDU (Steven V. Christensen) writes:
} Can someone tell me what is the latest version of MUSH source code
} which is compilable under MS-DOS? I remember a version 5.7 which came
} with source #ifdef's for DOS, but is there a later version? Where
} can I get it (FTP, etc..)?

I believe that, despite the misleading name, there is a version of 6.5 for
DOS available as:

	cse.ogi.edu: pub/mush/mush-5.7.dos.arc

We also have word that 7.1 for DOS is in final testing and will be available
early in September.  However, I can't be 100% certain.
--
Bart Schaefer						schaefer@cse.ogi.edu

trier@cwlim.CWRU.EDU (Stephen C. Trier) (08/07/90)

In article <11153@ogicse.ogi.edu> schaefer@ogicse.ogi.edu (Barton E. Schaefer) writes:
>I believe that, despite the misleading name, there is a version of 6.5 for
>DOS available as:
>
>	cse.ogi.edu: pub/mush/mush-5.7.dos.arc

I would have my doubts about that version!  :-)  Instead, you may wish to
look on SIMTEL20, wuarchive.wustl.edu, or another SIMTEL mirror site.  In
<MSDOS.UUCP> on SIMTEL20, or /mirrors/msdos/uucp on wuarchive, exist the
files Mush65.ARC and Mush65.ZIP.  The .ZIP version is a more recent version
than the .ARC.  (The .ARC version may have been removed by now.)

>We also have word that 7.1 for DOS is in final testing and will be available
>early in September.  However, I can't be 100% certain.

Hooray!  I'm looking forward to 7.1.  Hopefully, it won't have grown _too_
much larger than 6.5.6.

--
Stephen Trier                              Case Western Reserve University
Home: sct@seldon.clv.oh.us                 Information Network Services

In article <1990Aug7.072641.11726@usenet.ins.cwru.edu> sct@seldon.clv.oh.us writes:
} In article <11153@ogicse.ogi.edu> schaefer@ogicse.ogi.edu (Barton E. Schaefer) writes:
} >I believe that, despite the misleading name, there is a version of 6.5 for
} >DOS available as:
} >
} >	cse.ogi.edu: pub/mush/mush-5.7.dos.arc
}
} I would have my doubts about that version!  :-)

As nearly as I can tell, the misnamed 5.7.dos.arc file on cse.ogi.edu has
the 6.5 sources and both 6.5 and 5.7 binaries (hence the wrong name).  I
don't have arc to extract things, so I can't be sure.  Here's a listing
of the files in that arc as nearly as I can determine by using "strings"
and a perl script on the file:

ALIASES.C    EXECUTE.C    MAIN.C       MUSHP.EXE    REGEXP.C     SYSTEMS
BIND.C       EXPR.C       MAKEFILE.MAK MUSHPG.EXE   REGEXP.H     TERMS.C
BINDINGS.H   FOLDERS.C    MISC.C       PICK.C       REGMAGIC.H   USR.RC
CMD_HELP     HDRS.C       MSGS.C       PIPE.C       REGSUB.C     UUIO.EXE
COMMANDS.C   HELP.C       MUSH.EXE     PRINT.C      SETOPTS.C    VIEWOPTS.C
CONFIG.H     INIT.C       MUSH.H       PWD.H        SIGNALS.C
CURSES.C     LOOP.C       MUSH.RC      README       SORT.C
CURS_IO.C    MAIL.C       MUSH6.EXE    REGCMP.C     STRINGS.H
DATES.C      MAILER.EXE   MUSHN.EXE    REGERROR.C   SYS.RC

Some of those files didn't exist in 5.7, which is why I think the sources
are actually 6.5.
--
Bart Schaefer						schaefer@cse.ogi.edu