In article <LINKFAIL%90080911175003@BITNIC.BITNET> ERIC@SEARN.BITNET (Eric Thomas) writes:

   From: ERIC@SEARN.BITNET (Eric Thomas)
   Newsgroups: bit.listserv.linkfail
   Date: 9 Aug 90 15:07:11 GMT

   There is again a large backlog of files on the FRULM11-FRORS13 link (2600
   in one  direction, 1800  in the  other, 700  on LISTSERV's  reader). This
   seems to be caused  by a node sending large files  (10,000+ records) at a
   low  priority, an  unexpected burst  of traffic  towards LISTSERV@FRULM11
   (possibly due  to some major  backlog having  cleared up in  BITNET), and
   there also seems to be an unusual amount of TRICKLE traffic (but I may be
   wrong, I could only see part of the queue). Anyway the end result is that
   postings from mailing lists are again likely  to take 1 week to cross the
   ocean. Fortunately, I  am leaving for SHARE tomorrow morning  and will be
   unable to provide any assitance with this problem :-)

     Eric

anselmo-ed@cs.yale.edu (Ed Anselmo) (08/10/90)

Merit's "Netmailsites" server reveals:

Bitnet Sites:
  FRULM11                    Ecole Normale Superieure, Paris, France
  FRORS13                    CIRCE, Orsay, France
--
Ed Anselmo   anselmo-ed@cs.yale.edu   {harvard,cmcl2}!yale!anselmo-ed