[comp.mail.misc] Smail3.1 and YP

terry@eece.ksu.edu (Terry Hull) (09/01/90)

I am trying to use smail3.19 and force it to get it's maps from YP.
It keeps trying to access the database file rather than calling
YP for the info.

I have the following in the EDITME file

ALIASES_FILE=/etc/aliases
ALIASES_TYPE=yp

and have a valid yp map called aliases.  This is on a Sun 4/20
running SunOS 4.1.  Anybody have any clues?  Thanks in advance for
your help.

--
Terry Hull
Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering, Kansas State University

terry@rottie.manhattan.ks.us (Terry Hull) (09/02/90)

terry@eece.ksu.edu (Terry Hull) writes:

>I am trying to use smail3.19 and force it to get it's maps from YP.
>It keeps trying to access the database file rather than calling
>YP for the info.

>I have the following in the EDITME file

>ALIASES_FILE=/etc/aliases
>ALIASES_TYPE=yp

>and have a valid yp map called aliases.  This is on a Sun 4/20
>running SunOS 4.1.  Anybody have any clues?  Thanks in advance for
>your help.

Sorry for being such a dunce.  I experimented and looked in the sources
and found that what I needed was:

ALIASES_FILE=mail.aliases
ALIASES_TYPE=aliasyp

All you need to do then is keep a copy of sun's sendmail around to
use when making the YP dbm files, and you are set.