[comp.mail.misc] SMTP deamon

evan@plx.UUCP (Evan Bigall) (09/12/90)

Does anyone know of a socket based publicly available SMTP deamon?
I checked all the usuall places and couldn't find one.

Thanks,
Evan
--
Evan Bigall, Plexus Software, Santa Clara CA (408)982-4840  ...!sun!plx!evan
"I barely have the authority to speak for myself, certainly not anybody else"

bob@MorningStar.Com (Bob Sutterfield) (09/13/90)

In article <2478@plx.UUCP> evan@plx.UUCP (Evan Bigall) writes:
   Does anyone know of a socket based publicly available SMTP deamon?
   I checked all the usuall places and couldn't find one.

How about uunet.uu.net:mail/sendmail-5.64+IDA-1.3.4.tar.Z or
mail/sendmail.5.64.tar.Z or mail/smail3.1.19.Z?

moraes@cs.toronto.edu (Mark Moraes) (09/13/90)

comp.sources.misc, Volume3, Issue19 was sm-smtp, which included an
smtp daemon.  See your friendly neighbourhood archive site
(uunet.uu.net, osu-cis, gatekeeper.dec.com...)

joe@cbnews.att.com (Joseph Judge) (09/14/90)

	I found on on UUNET that was the small SMTP thingy from MIT.
	It was in comp.sources.misc (or unix) - called 'sm-smtp.Z'.

	Joseph Judge		postmaster@ATT.COM