[comp.mail.misc] Internet Mailing Guide

garyt@ios.Convergent.COM (Gary Tse) (10/11/90)

I remember seeing something called the Internet Mailing Guide floating
by months ago.  It was basically a cookbook for mailing to the various
networks and services connected to the Internet.  Does anyone out there
have a copy of this?  Does this beast even exist?  (Please, don't
everyone mail me the entire guide.  Last thing I want is to burden the
net with n copies of this.  Just tell me if you have a copy.  I will
arrange procuring a copy from the most convenient source.)

Please respond by e-mail to me, and I will post summaries (or even the
mail guide, if it indeed exists) to the net if there is sufficient
interest.

Thanks.

--
Gary Tse,    garyt@ios.Convergent.COM || ..!pyramid!ctnews!ios!garyt
	     tse@tornado.Berkeley.EDU || ..!ucbvax!tornado!tse

garyt@ios.Convergent.COM (Gary Tse) (10/15/90)

garyt@ios.Convergent.COM (Gary Tse) writes:
>I remember seeing something called the Internet Mailing Guide floating
>by months ago.  It was basically a cookbook for mailing to the various
>networks and services connected to the Internet.  Does anyone out there
>have a copy of this?  Does this beast even exist?

Thank you for all the responses.  I have ftp'ed the most recent copy of
the guide from math.princeton.edu .

In particular, I want to thank Ralph Sims <halcyon.wa.com!ralphs>,
Mark Mankins <mmankins@eve.wright.edu>,
Fuat C. Baran <fuat@cunixf.cc.columbia.edu>,
Raymond Chen <raymond@math.berkeley.edu>,
Peter J. Dotzauer <pjd@hpuxa.ircc.ohio-state.edu>,
Ed Hew <edhew@xenitec.on.ca>,
Jonathan M. Prigot <wrglex!j_prigot@sunne.East>.

I also received a number of request for the guide.  I will be servicing
those requests.  But also please bear in mind that an updated Mailing Guide
is posted to comp.mail.misc periodically by John Chew <john@trigraph.UUCP>.