[comp.mail.misc] ftp through mail

emartine@digi.lonestar.org (Edgar Martinez Martinez) (10/16/90)

 I'm sure that this has been asked before (if this is the right place to do it), but
here it goes.
 I don't have acces to anonymous ftp, and I've heard that ftp is possible through mail. I'm
mostly interested in getting GIF files. Can anyone out there help me?

                                   Thanks,

                                          Edgar Martinez Martinez
                                          DSC Communications Corp.
                                          Plano, Tx   USA
                                          Internet: emartine@digi.lonestar.org
                                          UUCP: texbell!digi!emartine
                                          Co-op program from UTArlington

*                                                                                *
*                            Se renta este espacio                               *
*                                                                                *

RE_Sonneveld@pttrnl.nl (R. Sonneveld, ICP, NAD, ICP@HLSDNL5.BITnet, +31 70 435362) (10/17/90)

In article <1149@digi.lonestar.org>, emartine@digi.lonestar.org (Edgar Martinez Martinez) writes:

>  I'm sure that this has been asked before (if this is the right place to do it), but
> here it goes.
>  I don't have acces to anonymous ftp, and I've heard that ftp is possible through mail. I'm
> mostly interested in getting GIF files. Can anyone out there help me?

Try BITFTP@PUCC.BITNET. Send a mail with HELP at the first line of the
message. I'm not sure whether the BITFTP service can be used from out of the
Internet community.

--

Rolf Sonneveld
PTT Research

reisinger@col01*** (new to Ultrix) (10/17/90)

Martinez Martinez) writes:

|> I'm sure that this has been asked before (if this is the right place to do
it), but
|>here it goes.
|> I don't have acces to anonymous ftp, and I've heard that ftp is possible
through mail. I'm
|>mostly interested in getting GIF files. Can anyone out there help me?
|>
|>                                   Thanks,

try BITFTP@PUCC.BITNET or
       BITFTP@PRINCETON.EDU
and send HELp in the body of the message

  rgds
 /jr
#########
    Josef Reisinger                              D-5000 Koeln
    Digital Equipment Corporation      Eupener Strasse

reisinger@col01.enet.dec.com	! VAX/VMS via USA
...unido!decum!col01.dnet!reisinger	! VAX/VMS in EUROPE
reising@colix.enet.dec.com		! VAX/Ultrix via USA
...unido!decum!colix.dnet!reising	! VAX/Ultrix in EUROPE
#########

tim@maths.tcd.ie (Timothy Murphy) (10/21/90)

In <1990Oct17.132825@col01***> reisinger@col01*** (new to Ultrix) writes:

>try BITFTP@PUCC.BITNET or
>       BITFTP@PRINCETON.EDU
>and send HELp in the body of the message

As a matter of interest, are there any other sites
running bitftp?
(I use the address bitftp@pucc.princeton.edu , incidentally.)

--

Timothy Murphy