[comp.mail.misc] Voice mail over sparcs

rauscher@dimacs.rutgers.edu (Rich Rauscher) (11/13/90)

Does anybody know if there has ever been a voice-mail
system implented on SparcStations?
If not, and there is interest shown, I may begin working
on one myself.

Thanks,
-Rich
Center for Discrete Mathematics and Theoretical Computer Science
Internet: rauscher@rutgers.edu
Bitnet:   rauscher@PISCES
UUCP:     {backbone site}!rutgers!rauscher

root@fstc-chville.army.mil (Operator) (11/16/90)

rauscher@dimacs.rutgers.edu (Rich Rauscher) writes:
>Does anybody know if there has ever been a voice-mail
>system implented on SparcStations?

Have ya seen vtalk???

Brian
boyter@fstc-chville.army.mil

david@twg.com (David S. Herron) (11/19/90)

In article <Nov.13.09.54.20.1990.17411@dimacs.rutgers.edu> rauscher@dimacs.rutgers.edu (Rich Rauscher) writes:

>Does anybody know if there has ever been a voice-mail
>system implented on SparcStations?

Not that I know of ..

>If not, and there is interest shown, I may begin working
>on one myself.

If you do -- take the effort & look up the specifics of doing
it (encoding the sound that is) in the same way that would be
compatible with X.400 voice body parts.  *THEN* look up RFC-1154
to see how to put an X.400 body part into an RFC-822 message.

--
<- David Herron, an MMDF & WIN/MHS guy, <david@twg.com>
<- Formerly: David Herron -- NonResident E-Mail Hack <david@ms.uky.edu>