[comp.mail.misc] Smail3.1.19 on UUNET is really Smail3.1.18???

dean@coplex.UUCP (Dean Brooks) (11/29/90)

   I recently grabbed a copy of (alleged) Smail3.1.19 off of the
directory (~/mail) on UUNET.  After untar'ing the file, I find that
the version header files show that it is patch level 18.

   So, whats the real story?  Is uunet!~/mail/smail3.1.19.Z really
patchlevel 18 or is it 19?  And what is the most recent patch?

   So far Smail3.19 looks like it does everything one could want it to
do, but the patchlevel stuff is a little confusing...

--
dean@coplex.UUCP   Dean A. Brooks
                   Copper Electronics, Inc.

lyndon@cs.athabascau.ca (Lyndon Nerenberg) (12/01/90)

dean@coplex.UUCP (Dean Brooks) writes:

>   I recently grabbed a copy of (alleged) Smail3.1.19 off of the
>directory (~/mail) on UUNET.  After untar'ing the file, I find that
>the version header files show that it is patch level 18.
>   So, whats the real story?  Is uunet!~/mail/smail3.1.19.Z really
>patchlevel 18 or is it 19?  And what is the most recent patch?

The file on uunet is patch level 18 with additional stuff in the
examples directory. Yes, it's confusing ...
--
    Lyndon Nerenberg  VE6BBM / Computing Services / Athabasca University
        {alberta,cbmvax,mips}!atha!lyndon || lyndon@cs.athabascau.ca