[comp.mail.misc] network-to-network mailing

jbn35564@uxa.cso.uiuc.edu (J.B. Nicholson) (11/29/90)

I once had a file that showed how to address people on other networks (such
as how to send mail from Internet to Compu$erve, for instance making use of
those Compu$erve ID numbers), but I lost it.

Could someone mail that to me or post it (I'd prefer mail if nobody else is
interested in this file)?

Thanks.

Jeff
| "Earth destroyed by solar flare.  Film at eleven"  - The last nightly news.|
| jbn35564@uxa.cso.uiuc.edu (Internet)   These opinions are mine, that's all.|

tom@uokmax.ecn.uoknor.edu (Thomas Lynn Egelston Ii) (11/30/90)

jbn35564@uxa.cso.uiuc.edu (J.B. Nicholson) writes:

>I once had a file that showed how to address people on other networks (such
>as how to send mail from Internet to Compu$erve, for instance making use of
>those Compu$erve ID numbers), but I lost it.

     I hate to jump on the bandwagon, but could someone please send me the
same file?  I'm looking for Internet to GEnie and Vice Versa, however.
     Thanks in advance!

--
          Tom Egelston      Internet: tom@uokmax.ecn.uoknor.edu
 Disclaimer: Don't get so stressed!! It's nothing but a bunch of 1's and 0's...

fuat@cunixf.cc.columbia.edu (Fuat C. Baran) (12/05/90)

In article <1990Nov30.014806.30483@uokmax.ecn.uoknor.edu> tom@uokmax.ecn.uoknor.edu (Thomas Lynn Egelston Ii) writes:
>jbn35564@uxa.cso.uiuc.edu (J.B. Nicholson) writes:
>
>>I once had a file that showed how to address people on other networks (such
>>as how to send mail from Internet to Compu$erve, for instance making use of
>>those Compu$erve ID numbers), but I lost it.
>
>     I hate to jump on the bandwagon, but could someone please send me the
>same file?  I'm looking for Internet to GEnie and Vice Versa, however.

The file is available in several ways.  Below is the availability info
from the file:

# DISTRIBUTION
#
# (news) This list is posted monthly to Usenet newsgroups comp.mail.misc and
#   news.newusers.questions.
# (mail) I maintain a growing list of subscribers who receive each monthly
#   issue by electronic mail, and recommend this to anyone planning to
#   redistribute the list on a regular basis.
# (FTP) Internet users can fetch this guide by anonymous FTP as ~ftp/pub/docs/
#   internetwork-mail-guide on Ra.MsState.Edu (130.18.80.10 or 130.18.96.37)
#   [Courtesy of Frank W. Peters]
# (Listserv) Bitnet users can fetch this guide from the Listserv at UNMVM.
#   Send mail to LISTSERV@UNMVM with blank subject and body consisting of
#   the line "GET NETWORK GUIDE".  [Courtesy of Art St. George]

						--Fuat
Internet: fuat@columbia.edu          U.S. MAIL: Columbia University
  BITNET: fuat@cunixf                           Center for Computing Activities
    UUCP: ...!rutgers!columbia!cunixf!fuat      712 Watson Labs, 612 W115th St.
   Phone: (212) 854-5128  Fax: (212) 662-6442   New York, NY 10025

za011@zeus.unomaha.edu (12/05/90)

> I once had a file that showed how to address people on other networks (such
> as how to send mail from Internet to Compu$erve, for instance making use of
> those Compu$erve ID numbers), but I lost it.
>
> Could someone mail that to me or post it (I'd prefer mail if nobody else is
> interested in this file)?
>
> Thanks.
>
> Jeff
> --

That is really strange!  This is the first time I have read this newsgroup,
and the reason I am doing it now is to ask for an update to this same list
that others have been requesting.  If anyone has this list please post it.
My current list is several months old.

Thanks.

Kurt Krueger | BITNET:   ZA011@UNOMA1           |        //\
MBA student  | Internet: ZA011@ZEUS.UNOMAHA.EDU |      \X/--\ M I G A