[comp.mail.misc] BITNET mail gateway

stealth@engin.umich.edu (Mike Pelletier) (12/17/90)

The site which formerly was accepting all our BITNET mail forwarding
tasks has suddenly started refusing connections (cunyvm.cuny.edu).
Where should BITNET mail be sent for gatewaying into that network?
Thanks...

--
	Mike Pelletier - Usenet News Admin & Programmer
"Wind, waves, etc. are breakdowns in the face of the commitment to getting

In article <1990Dec16.190241.21787@engin.umich.edu> stealth@engin.umich.edu (Mike Pelletier) writes:
>The site which formerly was accepting all our BITNET mail forwarding
>tasks has suddenly started refusing connections (cunyvm.cuny.edu).
>Where should BITNET mail be sent for gatewaying into that network?
>Thanks...

 Strange.  I just tried to establish an SMTP connection to cunyvm, and I had
no difficulty whatsoever.  I bet they were just having some temporary problems.

 However you probably can find a BITNET gateway nearer to home.  Have you
tried asking around on campus?

  Northern Illinois Univ.
  DeKalb, IL 60115                                   +1-815-753-6940