[comp.mail.misc] Does a Prodigy/Internet gateway exist?

marc@apollo.HP.COM (Marc Gibian) (12/27/90)

A friend of mine is a Prodigy user and I have been wondering if
there is some way to exchange email with her/him.  Does anyone
know of a gateway?  If one exists, is there a way to determine
what the proper address for the message would be?  And finally,
given the noises I have been hearing from the rumour mill, is
there any charge for either my friend or some other party for
sending mail through this gateway?

Thanks for your help,
Marc S. Gibian
Software Engineer/NetLS HP/CCD/East
Internet: marc@apollo.hp.COM
NETel:    HP/Apollo: 508-256-6600 x4247    HPtelnet:  256-4247
(Copyright 1990 by author. All rights reserved.  Free redistribution allowed.)

zeliff_r@apollo.HP.COM (Richard H. Zeliff) (01/02/91)

In article <4ed66ce1.20b6d@apollo.HP.COM> marc@apollo.HP.COM (Marc Gibian) writes:
>A friend of mine is a Prodigy user and I have been wondering if
>there is some way to exchange email with her/him.  Does anyone
>know of a gateway?

No.  Prodigy is an isolated mail system and it has no gateways
whatsoever.   In fact, Prodigy had been discouraging email use by
charging a $0.25/mail fee for each message over the monthly allocation
of 30 "free" messages.  Given this, I wouldn't expect them to provide
a gateway anytime soon.

Rich Zeliff
zeliff_r@apollo.hp.com