[comp.mail.misc] Where do I send a new map entry?

root@emperor.scs.com (Operator) (01/05/91)

I have a uucp map that I'd like to have added to the global map files.
Where do I send the new/updated map?

--
         Lawrence A. Deleski             |       Mentor Graphics
         lad@emperor.scs.com             |       Silicon Design Division

kls@ditka.Chicago.COM (Karl Swartz) (01/07/91)

In article <751@emperor.scs.com> root@emperor.scs.com (Operator) writes:
>I have a uucp map that I'd like to have added to the global map files.
>Where do I send the new/updated map?

Based on your San Jose signature, the "correct" answer is that you
should send it to nca-maps@apple.com.  The "real" answer is that you
may as well not bother -- the Northern California maps haven't been
updated in nearly half a year.  A month ago Mel Pleasant said that
something was being done, but as of today the maps still have dates
from last summer.  (Don't be confused by comparatively recent posts
to comp.mail.maps -- the data is still badly outdated.)

--
Karl Swartz		|INet	kls@ditka.chicago.com
1-408/223-1308		|UUCP	{uunet,decwrl}!daver!ditka!kls
			|Snail	1738 Deer Creek Ct., San Jose CA 95148
"It's psychosomatic.  You need a lobotomy.  I'll get a saw." (Calvin)