[comp.mail.misc] Any sites in Hong Kong ??

onward@fsg.UUCP (Onward Lam) (01/15/91)

Anybody know any sites in Hong Kong, mail and/or news ?

Please email me.

P.S. I posted this in December and got no response (ie. 0),
     so I'm trying again.

P.P.S It seems that HKU has a bitnet connection, can someone confirm
      this ?

Thanks.

Onward.
------------------------------------
-  uunet!fsg!onward
-  onward@fsg.com
------------------------------------

kgg@zinn.MV.COM (Kenn Goutal) (01/19/91)

In article <12372@fsg.UUCP> onward@fsg.UUCP (Onward Lam) writes:

>Anybody know any sites in Hong Kong, mail and/or news ?
>
>Please email me.
>
>P.S. I posted this in December and got no response (ie. 0),
>     so I'm trying again.
>
>P.P.S It seems that HKU has a bitnet connection, can someone confirm
>      this ?

I just recently came across a map file for Hong Kong,
and I think I remember that it contained a single backbone site.
I'll check, and confirm this.  (I may have seen only what you have
already seen.)  -- Kenn Goutal

CompuServe:	71117.2572		(PARTI handle: kenn)
Internet:	kenn@zinn.MV.COM   or	kenn@rr.MV.COM
[The] PO!NT:	kenn
UUCP:		...decvax!zinn!kenn  or	...decvax!zinn!rr!kenn

|  Ship and Travel Intermodally -- Commute Electronically!  |

gnamasiv@wam.umd.edu (Girirajan Namasivayam) (01/21/91)

In article <12372@fsg.UUCP> onward@fsg.UUCP (Onward Lam) writes:

>Anybody know any sites in Hong Kong, mail and/or news ?
>
>Please email me.
>
>P.S. I posted this in December and got no response (ie. 0),
>     so I'm trying again.
>
>P.P.S It seems that HKU has a bitnet connection, can someone confirm
>      this ?
>
>Thanks.
>
>Onward.
>------------------------------------
>-  uunet!fsg!onward
>-  onward@fsg.com

I found this address for a Kam P. Chow at Hong Kong University.  You might
try to send him mail and see what happens.  His address is uunet!hkucs!chow.
Hong Kong has a network called HARNET-HK Academic and Research Network.  It
connects Univ. of HK, Chinese U of HK, HK Poly., City Poly. of HK, and
Baptist College. Email, file transfer, remote login and USENET news are
supported.  Hope this helps.

--Girirajan--