[comp.mail.misc] Mail TO Genie -- I think it's possible

huff@kuhub.cc.ukans.edu (Steve Huff, University of Kansas, Lawrence) (01/24/91)

>> How does one send mail to USERNAME@GENIE from the internet or bitnet? I'm
>> surprised at how difficult locating the answer has become.
>
> It's not difficult.  It's impossible.  It can't be done.  There's no
> way to do it.  GEnie has no gateway.

Please don't treat this as a flame, maybe just my ignorance, but what
about the domain 'genie.com'?  Where does that lead?

FYI, my work e-mail address is the General Electric PC Mail address
HUFF@HILLCORP#.  Think this can be reached from outside of GEIS?

Steve
-----
Steve Huff, student, University of Kansas       "Love that KU basketball!"
Internet: HUFF@kuhub.cc.ukans.edu  Bitnet: HUFF@UKANVAX  GEIS: HUFF@HILLCORP#

spotter@eve.wright.edu (Stephen P Potter) (01/26/91)

In article <28122.279e127c@kuhub.cc.ukans.edu> huff@kuhub.cc.ukans.edu (Steve Huff, University of Kansas, Lawrence) writes:
>Please don't treat this as a flame, maybe just my ignorance, but what
>about the domain 'genie.com'?  Where does that lead?

It doesn't go anywhere.  It comes back to you.  There is no gateway, therefore
no email.

Steve

--
anagram@desire.wright.edu | "Tough times demand tough hearts, demand tough
spotter@eve.wright.edu    |  thoughts, demand tough songs,
			  |  Demand!" -Rush
<Std.Dsc> WSU doesn't approve of anything I do, but that hasn't stopped me yet.