[comp.mail.misc] British Telecom Gold <-> Internet or Bitnet gateway?

cew@isi.edu (Craig E. Ward) (02/23/91)

In article <2482@sirius.ucs.adelaide.edu.au> rbatt@adam.adelaide.edu.au (R Batt) writes:
>Does anyone have information about sending email to a British Telecom Gold
>email address from either the Internet or Bitnet?
>Thanks for any help.

The Telecom Gold mail system is part of what is called Dialcom in the US and
is a commercial service of British Telecom.  As far as I know, no general
purpose relay between their service and the Internet exists.

At one time, the National Science Foundation (NSF) of the United States
funded a general purpose relay between these systems and the Internet as part
of the Commercial Mail Relay (CMR).  Early last year, the NSF stopped the
funding and BT decided not support the relay with their own funds.

Some BT customers have obtained dedicated relays just for their own groups.
The BT customers that have relays are the American Library Association, CGNet
Services, and Westinghouse.  Information about how to use the CMR to get to
these groups can be obtained at:

		     Intermail-Request@Intermail.ISI.EDU
--
Craig E. Ward <cew@venera.isi.edu> 	Slogan:	"nemo me impune lacessit"
USPS:	USC/Information Sciences Institute