[comp.mail.misc] Pc mail reader

andrew@calvin.doc.ca (Andrew Patrick) (02/26/91)

In article <2563@plx.UUCP> evan@plxsun.uucp (Evan Bigall) writes:

>I am looking for a PC mail reading program.  We are a company that makes both
>Un*x and PC products, the goal is to get everybody reading e-mail, but none
>of the pc folks want to bother even learning how to log in.  All of the PC's
>are connected to a unix host via TCP/IP and NFS, so I'm not really concerned
>with mail delivery.  I'm just looking for a pleasent program that runs on a
>PC that will allow people to manage unix style mail files.  Bonus points if
>it runs under windows.

Check out pc-mail by
     W.Z. Venema
     Eindhoven University of Technology
     Den Dolech 2, P.O. Box 513, 5600 MB Eindhoven, The Netherlands

I think you will find it in the comp.sources.misc archives.

It is not Windows based, but does provide a really simple interface for
DOS mail users, and it works well with NFS.

--
Andrew Patrick, Ph.D.       Department of Communications, Ottawa, CANADA
andrew@calvin.doc.CA