[comp.mail.misc] Need local mailer for SCO Unix 3.2.0

oli@odbffm.incom.de (Oliver Boehmer) (02/26/91)

Hi!
I'm desperately looking for a _LOCAL_ mail delivery program besides mmdf for
SCO-Unix V3.2.0 (or 3.2.2).
I've got a lot of problems mit mmdf and I'd like to switch to another
mailer. One of the mmdf-problems is that it messes up big mails....
Well, I'd like to do a rm -rf /usr/mmdf and substitue it with something
decent... I'll probably use smail3.1 for uucp-delivery, does someone have
a program that'll fit my needs? I'd appreciate any answers
Tx, oli
--
Oliver Boehmer, Frankfurt, Germany           oli@odbffm.incom.de
+49-69-331461 (voice) +49-60-308265 (1200/2400)

In article <1991Feb25.183222.11753@odbffm.incom.de> oli@odbffm.incom.de (Oliver Boehmer) writes:
>I'm desperately looking for a _LOCAL_ mail delivery program besides mmdf for
>SCO-Unix V3.2.0 (or 3.2.2).
>I've got a lot of problems mit mmdf and I'd like to switch to another
>mailer. One of the mmdf-problems is that it messes up big mails....
>Well, I'd like to do a rm -rf /usr/mmdf and substitue it with something
>decent... I'll probably use smail3.1 for uucp-delivery, does someone have
>a program that'll fit my needs? I'd appreciate any answers

Smail 2.5 needs a local delivery program.  Smail 3.1 doesn't have much
in common but the name (and perhaps portions of a binary search).  It
should be able to do everything you need all by itself.

Les Mikesell
  les@chinet.chi.il.us