[comp.mail.misc] ftp list

yk4@cunixb.cc.columbia.edu (Yong Su Kim) (09/19/90)

Well, I've been away for a couple of months, and I've lost a couple of
files.

I would be eternally grateful if someone could e-mail me a copy of the
latest FTP list, and the latest Internetwork-mail guide.

Also, I would be grateful if someone could tell me about a site from
which I can get the above information.

PS. I could go looking through this board except that our site does
not keep a lot of old messages...

|Internet: yk4@cunixb.cc.columbia.edu        |||||||||||Yong Su Kim||||||||||||
|Bitnet  : yk4@cunixc			     |||||The Korean from Hong Kong||||
|UUCP    : uunet!rutgers!columbia!cunixc!yk4 |||||||...Apple IIGS user...||||||
|____________________________________________||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

brown@slc16.INS.CWRU.Edu (Dan Brown) (03/05/91)

I know that this is quite the place for this, but... does anyone know where
I can lay myu hands of a CURRENT ftp listing? I have one, but it is dated
1989, and of the two places it lists to get a new list, one is unreachable
from my site, and the other has the same version of the list on it. Also,
I am too lazy to find/start alt.ftp or comp.ftp. If there is an interest,
it can be done.

--
Dan Brown       (216) 368-2982
brown@usenet.INS.CWRU.Edu               K = P

brown@odin.INS.CWRU.Edu (Dan Brown) (03/05/91)

Thanks to everyone who has replied. I have the list (got it five minutes
after I posted. Who says that net news doesn't fly!!) It can be had from
anon ftp to pilot.njin.net. I will send it to the first 50 people or so who
ask me for it, if they can't get it ftp. I make no gaurentees on my service
here, since this is midterms. Will do what I can though. The list that I have
is dated March 1 1991.

Thanks again!!
--

uniel@uts.uni-c.dk (Erik Lawaetz) (03/05/91)

In <1991Mar4.174632.21518@usenet.ins.cwru.edu> brown@slc16.INS.CWRU.Edu (Dan Brown) writes:

>I know that this is quite the place for this, but... does anyone know where
>I can lay myu hands of a CURRENT ftp listing?

Try comp.misc. An updated list is posted every month.

Erik Lawaetz.