[comp.mail.misc] What's up with nsfnet-relay.ac.uk ?

george@hyper.lap.upenn.edu (George "Sir Lleb" Zipperlen) (03/08/91)

For the last 2 weeks, I've been having trouble sending mail to many UK
university sites that are MX'd to nsfnet-relay.ac.uk .  Should I try
explicit alternate routes, or BITNET? -- some messages from these sites
are getting to me at upenn by way of PUCC.

Sample error message:

> Subject: Returned mail: Cannot send message for 3 days
> [...]
> 421 prime2.bristol-poly.ac.uk.tcp... Deferred: Connection timed out during
>	user open with nsfnet-relay.ac.uk

"more bounce to the ounce"
--
George Zipperlen    george@hyper.lap.upenn.edu  george@apollo.lap.upenn.edu
  ...!{rutgers, uunet, mit-eddie, decwrl}!upenn.edu!hyper.lap!george