[comp.mail.misc] Internet -> Bitnet gateway

paul@frcs.UUCP (Paul Nash) (02/16/91)

According to mail recently received via psuvax.psu.edu,

> 	will NO LONGER GATEWAY MAIL for entities outside
> 	of the College of Science of The Pennsylvania State
>	University.  Comments and questions should be addressed
>	to postmaster@cs.psu.edu.

As far as I can make out from my outgoing mail which has started
bouncing, this date has been moved forward.  All my mail to Bitnet
sites for the past few days has bounced at psuvax.  Is there
another site that will gateway mail from Internet/UUCP to Bitnet?

Any suggestions gratefully received.

 ---=---=---=---=---=---=---=---=---=---=---=---=---=---=---=---=---=---
Paul Nash				   Free Range Computer Systems cc
paul@frcs.UUCP				      ...!uunet!m2xenix!frcs!paul

time@ice.com (02/19/91)

In article <376@frcs.UUCP>, paul@frcs.UUCP (Paul Nash) writes:
> As far as I can make out from my outgoing mail which has started
> bouncing, this date has been moved forward.  All my mail to Bitnet
> sites for the past few days has bounced at psuvax.  Is there
> another site that will gateway mail from Internet/UUCP to Bitnet?
>
> Any suggestions gratefully received.

I mailed the people at psuvax and offered to have MSEN, a local
UUCP service, perform this gateway function. I was told that BITNET
would have nothing to do with a commercial entity. Even if they were
going to support them for free! Sounds like a real bright community!

tim.

Tim Endres                |  time@ice.com
ICE Engineering           |  uupsi!ice.com!time
8840 Main Street          |  Voice            FAX
Whitmore Lake MI. 48189   |  (313) 449 8288   (313) 449 9208

bob@MorningStar.Com (Bob Sutterfield) (02/19/91)

In article <376@frcs.UUCP> paul@frcs.UUCP (Paul Nash) writes:
   All my mail to Bitnet sites for the past few days has bounced at
   psuvax.  Is there another site that will gateway mail from
   Internet/UUCP to Bitnet?

The general Internet's gateway to the BITnet has been at
cunyvm.cuny.edu for several years, since it moved there from
Wisconsin.  I don't know how excited the CUNY folks will be about
picking up all the UUCP traffic as well.

ralphs@sumax.seattleu.edu (Ralph Sims) (02/20/91)

paul@frcs.UUCP (Paul Nash) writes:

> sites for the past few days has bounced at psuvax.  Is there
> another site that will gateway mail from Internet/UUCP to Bitnet?

cunyvm.cuny.edu might do it for you.  Any cuny admins around here
to verify this?

jurban@uoft02.utoledo.edu (03/07/91)

kaz@nanovx.UUCP (Mike Kazmierczak) (03/08/91)

In article <1991Mar6.193205.3086@uoft02.utoledo.edu> jurban@uoft02.utoledo.edu writes:
>> Is there another site that will gateway mail from Internet/UUCP to Bitnet?
 Try cunycm.cuny.edu   That should work.

Mike Kazmierczak
mike%beow.UUCP at gatech.edu