[comp.mail.misc] Question re "mailx" and ".mailrc" startup file SOLVED

et@tornado.Berkeley.EDU (Eric Thompson) (03/12/91)

In article <1991Mar11.223706.21581@agate.berkeley.edu> et@ocf.berkeley.edu (Eric Thompson) writes:
>I want to be able to include a line in a user's ".mailrc" file that
>tells mailx to continue loading parameters from another file.  I
>don't know if this is possible; it isn't documented if it is.

Got a quick answer from Andy Behrens re the use of "source", and thus
am posting to nip in the bud a rash of responses to this relatively
easy question.  Thanks.

Eric

--
"I'd rather be no one than someone with no one to love" |    Eric Thompson
                                     --Stone Roses      | et@ocf.berkeley.edu

jacalca@PacBell.COM (John A Calcaterra) (03/13/91)

In article <1991Mar12.065411.28243@agate.berkeley.edu> et@tornado.Berkeley.EDU (Eric Thompson) writes:
>In article <1991Mar11.223706.21581@agate.berkeley.edu> et@ocf.berkeley.edu (Eric Thompson) writes:
>>I want to be able to include a line in a user's ".mailrc" file that
>>tells mailx to continue loading parameters from another file.  I
>>don't know if this is possible; it isn't documented if it is.
>
>Got a quick answer from Andy Behrens re the use of "source", and thus
>am posting to nip in the bud a rash of responses to this relatively
>easy question.  Thanks.
>
>Eric

Willing to share?  Please?  :-)			...cal