[comp.mail.misc] Mail systems for VM

witsah@quagga.ru.ac.za (Angus Hay) (04/18/91)

Having just installed SMTP on our IBM VM machine, we are looking for a
real user interface (as opposed to the good old note command :-)) Can
anyone recommend any particular package (and tell us where to get it)?

Angus Hay
Department of Electrical Engineering
University of the Witwatersrand

Ted Manos <TMANOS@HARPERVM.BITNET> (04/22/91)

I'm not absolutely sure if it's available to non-BITNET sites, but I
*think* it is - RiceMail.  (It is by far the most widely used of the
MUAs on BITNET VM-based systems.)  For more information, contact
Richard Schafer (SCHAFER@RICEVM1.BITNET)

-Ted
Ted Manos   NAD/TechRep/InfoRep   BITNET  : TMANOS@HARPERVM
Systems & Networking Consultant   Internet: tmanos%harpervm@UICVM.uic.edu
Harper Community College          UUCP net: !uunet!harpervm.bitnet!tmanos
Palatine, IL  60067-7398          VoiceNet: (708) 980-7919 (Alpha Omega)

cathyf@lost.rice.edu (Catherine Anne Foulston) (04/23/91)

In article <91112.142751TMANOS@HARPERVM.BITNET> TMANOS@HARPERVM.BITNET (Ted Manos) writes:
>I'm not absolutely sure if it's available to non-BITNET sites, but I
>*think* it is - RiceMail.  (It is by far the most widely used of the
>MUAs on BITNET VM-based systems.)  For more information, contact
>Richard Schafer (SCHAFER@RICEVM1.BITNET)

Or for those not on BITNET, schafer@ricevm1.rice.edu will work.

	Cathy

(one of the people who answers to postmaster@rice.edu)