[comp.mail.misc] email from compuserve to internet

keating@rex.cs.tulane.edu (John Keating) (04/26/91)

Okay, folks, I know I'm going to get burned for this, because it's been
asked over a million times, but...

How do I send mail from a CIS account to an Internet account?

(For those who don't know, to stop your asking me in advance:  To mail to
CIS from Internet, email xxxxx.xxxx@compuserve.com, where xxxxx.xxxx is
the user id of the person you are mailing with a period instead of a
comma.)

Thanks, in advance!

John Keating
--
 +---------------------------------------+ +---------------------------+
 | Looking for genealogical histories of | | keating@rex.cs.tulane.edu |

karl.kleinpaste@osc.edu (04/26/91)

keating@rex.cs.tulane.edu writes:
   How do I send mail from a CIS account to an Internet account?

>internet:username@dom.ain
>internet:icky!bang!path!username

Go into CServe's mailer and mumble "help internet."  There's some real
information in there if you look hard enough for it.  ">GatewayName:"
is CServe's external gateway access cookie.

--karl