[comp.mail.misc] growth of email usage

richwill@francisco (Richard Williamson) (05/17/91)

I am posting this question for a friend who lives in India.  She is doing
research for an article in India Today.  If anyone has any information
please reply via e-mail.
Thanks,
Richard Williamson

I need information for my article about how much
e-mail usage there is in the US and Europe. I also need the
citations of where you got the info from. I also want to know
how the usage grew over time. Did it grow exponentially? slowly?

richwill@next.com

roberson@aurs01.UUCP (Charles "Chip" Roberson) (05/22/91)

In article <741@rosie.NeXT.COM> richwill@francisco (Richard Williamson) writes:
>I need information for my article about how much
>e-mail usage there is in the US and Europe. I also need the
>citations of where you got the info from. I also want to know
>how the usage grew over time. Did it grow exponentially? slowly?

I am looking for the same stats.  Would someone be willing to pass them
my way as well?

Thanks,
 Chip

* Chip Roberson, RD&E      -*-  Internet Domain:  <roberson%aurgate@mcnc.org> *
* Alcatel Network Systems  -*-  USENET Pathalias: <roberson%aurs01.UUCP>      *
* 2912 Wake Forest Road    -*-  USENET !-Style:   <...!mcnc!aurgate!roberson> *
* Raleigh, NC 27609        -*-  Work Phone:       +1 919 850-5011             *

chip@osh3.OSHA.GOV (Chip Yamasaki) (05/23/91)

In <59861@aurs01.UUCP> roberson@aurs01.UUCP (Charles "Chip" Roberson) writes:

>In article <741@rosie.NeXT.COM> richwill@francisco (Richard Williamson) writes:
>>I need information for my article about how much
>>e-mail usage there is in the US and Europe. I also need the
>>citations of where you got the info from. I also want to know
>>how the usage grew over time. Did it grow exponentially? slowly?

>I am looking for the same stats.  Would someone be willing to pass them
>my way as well?

This sounds like GUI (Generally Useful Information :-)).  If some has
the info could they please post it? If either of you don't see it posted
posted can you summarize and post?

Thanks!
Charles "Chip" Yamasaki
chip@oshcomm.osha.gov