[comp.mail.misc] McDonnell-Douglas address

mlc%gva.decnet@CONSRT.ROCKWELL.COM ("GVA::MLC") (05/21/91)

Newsgroups: comp.mail.misc
From: mlc@aten.cca.rok.com (Michael L. Cook)
Subject: McDonnell-Douglas address
Sender: news@zoot.avgrp.cr.rok.com

Does anyone know how to e-mail from Internet to the All-in-one (?)
NASA network used by McDonnell-Douglas in California?

I'd like to be able to send a message to my brother there.

Thanks for any tips.

--

Michael Cook
Internet:  mlc%gva.decnet@consrt.rok.com

ken@racerx.UUCP (Ken Hardy) (05/24/91)

In article <9105201842.AA24445@ucbvax.Berkeley.EDU>, mlc%gva.decnet@CONSRT.ROCKWELL.COM ("GVA::MLC") writes:

> Does anyone know how to e-mail from Internet to the All-in-one (?)
> NASA network used by McDonnell-Douglas in California?

I thought that MD had shut down their e-mail system in a cost-cutting
move.  Not that pulling the plug on a (potentially) great efficiency
mechanism makes sense to me.  Actually, I heard rumors that they had
_really_ shut it down to help slow down the internal rumor mills, as
they have undergone a lot of restructuring and layoffs over the past
year or so.  (My brother works there too, though here in StL.)

I could be wrong about it all being shut down, though, if you know your
brother is using it :-)

--

Ken Hardy                         uunet!racerx!ken
Bridge Information Systems        racerx!ken@uunet.uu.net