[comp.mail.misc] workstation mail

dejonge@latcs1.lat.oz.au (Marco De Jonge) (06/01/91)

I am currently doing research into PC based workstation mail, I am trying to
gather information of the current technology in this field. Has anyone out
there done research in this area ?   If so, I am interested in the pros and
cons of various mailing systems, and also the hardware requirements.
Especially for POP, SENDMAIL, PC MAIL, X.400 MAIL, and PEGASUS mail.

Thanks in advance.

Marco               dejonge@latcs1.lat.oz.au

johnt@unipalm.uucp (John Taylor) (06/03/91)

dejonge@latcs1.lat.oz.au (Marco De Jonge) writes:

>I am currently doing research into PC based workstation mail, I am trying to
>gather information of the current technology in this field. Has anyone out
>there done research in this area ?   If so, I am interested in the pros and
>cons of various mailing systems, and also the hardware requirements.
>Especially for POP, SENDMAIL, PC MAIL, X.400 MAIL, and PEGASUS mail.

>Thanks in advance.

>Marco               dejonge@latcs1.lat.oz.au

Me too.
If anyone has anything on this, can they post it here, or mail to me as
well as Marco.

Thanks.

John
johnt@unipalm.co.uk

haynes@felix.ucsc.edu (99700000) (06/04/91)

I won't claim to have researched it, but we're using MH mail with
Kerberized POP, from MIT Project Athena.
--
haynes@cats.ucsc.edu
haynes@ucsccats.bitnet

"Any clod can have the facts, but having opinions is an Art."
        Charles McCabe, San Francisco Chronicle