[comp.mail.misc] easylink

HUFF@kuhub.cc.ukans.edu (Steve Huff, U. of Kansas, Lawrence) (01/09/90)

One more question, and then I'll let you get to some serious
computing!  Does anybody know how to access Easylink from Internet?

Thanks again.
Steve
If the opposite of pro is con, what is the opposite of progress?

Steve Huff
Internet:  HUFF@kuhub.cc.ukans.edu
Bitnet:    HUFF@ukanvax.BITNET
EmCon:     K1TR  or  KW02   (If you have access, please say so!)

sergio@discus.technion.ac.il (Sergio Fogel) (07/26/90)

I bet this one has not been asked yet:

I am in Internet and I want to send mail to someone in a net
called EASYLINK. How can I do this?

Thanks a lot
Sergio Fogel
sergio@techunix.BITNET
--
 Sergio Fogel
 sergio@techunix.BITNET

kseshadr@quasar.intel.com (Kishore Seshadri) (07/27/90)

In article <9752@discus.technion.ac.il>, sergio@discus (Sergio Fogel) writes:
>I bet this one has not been asked yet:
>
>I am in Internet and I want to send mail to someone in a net
>called EASYLINK. How can I do this?

I'm not sure this works, but give it a shot. Easylink is connected to DASnet.

Send mail to daslink!dasnet!%s@uunet.uu.net

where %s is the local mailbox address.

If this doesn't work, try putting the target systems name and the user
mailbox name on the Subject: line like

Subject: Target-system-name!mailbox-name

Hope this helps

Kishore
Kishore Seshadri (Speaking for myself)      Intel Corp., Santa Clara, CA
CSNET: kseshadr@mipos3.intel.com ARPA: kseshadr%mipos3.intel.com@relay.cs.net
UUCP:{amdcad,decwrl,hplabs,oliveb,pur-ee,qantel}!intelca!mipos3!kseshadr

cyrill@scicom.AlphaCDC.COM (Cyro Lord) (07/31/90)

In article <2592@inews.intel.com> kseshadr@quasar.intel.com (Kishore Seshadri) writes:
>In article <9752@discus.technion.ac.il>, sergio@discus (Sergio Fogel) writes:
>>I am in Internet and I want to send mail to someone in a net
>>called EASYLINK. How can I do this?

>I'm not sure this works, but give it a shot. Easylink is connected to DASnet.

That will not work as EASYLINK is a service offered by DASNET not a service
of DASNET.  EASYLINK is a trade marked service of Western Union/AT&T and
to go through DASNET, you must buy this service as DASNET must pay. We have
both DASNET and EASYLINK/TWX/TELEX here and use EASYLINK now and again. AT
this time, unless you buy one of these services, you can't get to it.
--

Cyro Lord	Alpha Comm. Dev. Corp. -  DOMAIN  cyrill@scicom.alphacdc.com
UUCP		{ncar,nbires,boulder,isis}!scicom!cyrill

shoop@spcssi.sequor.com (Dan Shoop --- `The reason for time is so everything doesn't happen all at once') (08/13/90)

In article <9752@discus.technion.ac.il>, sergio@discus.technion.ac.il (Sergio Fogel) writes:
> I am in Internet and I want to send mail to someone in a net
> called EASYLINK. How can I do this?

If I recall correctly, EASYLINK is a product of Western Union. The service
provides electronic mailboxes for subscribers with access to Telex, TWX,
Mailgrams, &tc.  I would imagine the best way to get there is via Telex/TWX.

Dan Shoop				UUNET:		   ...uunet!spcssi!shoop
Manager of Systems Support		Internet:        shoop@spcssi.sequor.com
Security Pacific Software Services	AT&Tnet:		    212.425.0200
The Sequor Group			ICBMnet: 	       40 45 N / 73 30 W
Your standard disclaimer here.

Nuke 'um 'til they glow, then shoot 'um in the dark.

alanb@world.std.com (Alan R Bleier) (06/04/91)

Hello, I don't know if there is a FAQ posting that answers this question,
but...

How do I send mail to someone on Easylink (Easilink?) from the internet?

Alan Bleier	alanb@world.std.com	alanb@well.sf.ca.us