[comp.mail.misc] Wanted: Mailing List Request Program

csd1@cs.pge.com (Craig Daily) (06/21/91)

I'm looking for a program or script that processes incoming mailing list
requests such as, "group-request@pge.com", and automatically adds the user to
an alias list for future mailings.

I understand how to set up an alias for "group-request" and how to pipe the
incoming mail through a program.  However, I'm betting that someone has
already put together a program that handles this type of request elegantly
and would be willing to share.  If you know of such a program, please send
e-mail directly to me.  Thanks in advance.  :-)

>requests such as, "group-request@pge.com", and automatically adds the user to
>an alias list for future mailings.

>I understand how to set up an alias for "group-request" and how to pipe the
>incoming mail through a program.  However, I'm betting that someone has
>already put together a program that handles this type of request elegantly
>and would be willing to share.  If you know of such a program, please send
>e-mail directly to me.  Thanks in advance.  :-)

I have a modified version of the listserv software from ucsd.edu
available from my site by ftp or from the netlib server.

send a request

send listserv.shar from sources

to netlib@mthvax.cs.miami.edu

or ftp and retrieve it as ~ftp/pub/listserv.shar.Z from
mthvax.cs.miami.edu

aem
--
Man did not weave the web of life, he is merely a strand in it.