[news.groups] Copy of mail standard wanted

campbell@maynard.BSW.COM (Larry Campbell) (01/02/87)

In article <212@vcvax1.UUCP> paul@vcvax1.UUCP (paul) writes:
>I'm also interested in pointers to sources for mail standards
>documents -- in particular, SMTP.  Anyone?

Most of these documents (RFC821 - SMTP, RFC822 - ARPAnet message format
standard, and RFC976 - UUCP mail format standard) were posted to
mod.sources.doc about a year ago.  For reasons unknown (at least to me),
mod.sources.doc has been completely silent since then.  Does anyone know
what the status of that newsgroup is?

I saved copies of most of the RFCs posted to mod.sources.doc, but they're
big, and I'm reluctant to just arbitrarily repost them.  I'd rather that
some sort of formal mechanism, with archive servers (like mod.sources)
were set up.  Any volunteers?  Are you listening, Ron (Natalie, who's
listed as the moderator for mod.sources.doc)?
--
Larry Campbell                                The Boston Software Works, Inc.
Internet: campbell@maynard.uucp             120 Fulton Street, Boston MA 02109