[news.groups] COMP.OS.MINIX

darrell@sdcsvax.UCSD.EDU (Darrell Long) (01/12/87)

In article <485@uvm-gen.UUCP>, hartley@uvm-gen.UUCP (Stephen J. Hartley) writes:
> ast@cs.vu.nl (Andy Tanenbaum) writes:
> <
> <      If anyone is interested, we could set up a newsgroup comp.os.minix to
> < discuss minix, report bug fixes, distribute updates of individual files etc.
> < I propose that the initial discussion take place in comp.sys.ibm.pc (subject:
> < MINIX).
> <
> I would like to second the idea that a news group, comp.os.minix, be set up for
> discussion and bug reports for MINIX.  If the book becomes as popular as his
> others, much discussion might result.  A group for discussion and bug reports
> would be extremely useful, I think.

I also vote for the creation of comp.os.minix.  I expect it to be a popular
system and to generate much discussion.  Since it is distinct from (ugh)
MS-DOS, it should have its own group.

DL
--
Darrell Long
Department of Computer Science and Engineering, C-014

ARPA: Darrell@Beowulf.UCSD.EDU
UUCP: sdcsvax!beowulf!darrell

elric@csustan.UUCP (Elric of Imrryr) (01/12/87)

[]
I vote yes, sound like a very interesting subject.
Brad
--
elric	Lunatic Labs @ Csustan {lll-crg,lll-lcc}!csustan!elric
Selling DES information to Iran, thru CIA secret banks.

wade@sdacs.ucsd.EDU (Wade Blomgren) (01/13/87)

Yes, please start comp.os.minix.

Wade Blomgren
UCSD-ACS

...sdcsvax!sdacs!wade

dcm@mimir.dmt.oz (Dennis Mills) (01/13/87)

One more vote for the creation of comp.os.minix...

--
Dennis Mills,					PHONE:  +61 (03)487-9258
CSIRO Division of Manufacturing Technology,	ACSNET: dcm@mimir.dmt.oz

CSNET:  dcm@mimir.dmt.oz	ARPA:   dcm%mimir.dmt.oz@seismo.arpa
UUCP:   {decvax,pesnta,vax135}!mulga!mimir.dmt!dcm
	{seismo,ukc,mcvax}!munnari!mimir.dmt!dcm

belanger@micomvax.UUCP (Robert Belanger) (01/13/87)

I, too, vote for the creation of comp.os.minix

	Robert Belanger
	...!philabs!micomvax!belanger

--
	Robert Belanger
	...!philabs!micomvax!belanger

tfra@ur-tut.UUCP (Tom Frauenhofer) (01/13/87)

[Et tu, line-eater?]

If this is a vote, then I vote "YES" for comp.os.minix

- Tom Frauenhofer

...!seismo!rochester!ur-tut!tfra

"You're never alone if you're schizophrenic."

pozar@hoptoad.uucp (Tim Pozar) (01/14/87)

    You have my vote for creation...

news@cit-vax.Caltech.Edu (Usenet netnews) (01/15/87)

From: tim@tomcat.Caltech.Edu (Tim Kay)

I too vote in favor of comp.os.minix

Timothy L. Kay				tim@csvax.caltech.edu
Department of Computer Science
Caltech, 256-80
Pasadena, CA  91125

woods@hao.UCAR.EDU (Greg Woods) (01/15/87)

  The proposer of a new group is expected to take a tally of pro or nay
please, please, MAIL your approval of new group proposals. Most of the net
really couldn't care less what you think and does not desire to pay to
transmit your opinion. Thanks.

--Greg

baron@transys.UUCP (Joe Portman) (01/16/87)

I also cast my vote for the creation of comp.os.minix.
--
These are my own opinions, not those of my employer (self),
or any one connected with the company (mine)

jesup@steinmetz.UUCP (01/16/87)

Yes, please!  I may even attempt to port it to my Amiga.