[news.groups] what's up with net.sources

rob@philabs.Philips.Com (Rob "Skip" Robertson) (05/08/87)

Here is a posting from the mod/backbone mailing list with regard to
net.sources:

	From ihnp4!ihlpa!dhp@cbosgd Wed Apr 29 23:07:10 1987
	Date: Wed, 29 Apr 87 21:39:21 ast
	From: ihlpa!dhp@ihnp4
	To: backbone@cbosgd
	Subject: Continued support of net.sources.*

	I will be installing support for new aliases on ihnp4 soonest, but I
	wanted to let everyone know that ihnp4 will continue to support the
	net.sources.* unmoderated postings indefinitely.  There has been a lot
	of interest expressed to me personally, that an unmoderated forum should
	continue to exist.  So, in keeping with a suggestion made here a few
	months ago, I will continue a private net.* distribution outside of the
	"official" list of newsgroups.  Ihnp4 is a dedicated backbone engine, so
	disk space is not an issue here.

	If the backbone sites cbatt, ptsfa, alberta etc. don't want to receive
	these groups, let me know.  Conversely, any backbone site wishing to be
	included in the net.sources.* private feed, also let me know.

						Douglas H. Price ihnp4!ihlpa!dhp
						45261 AT&T-BL IH

philabs is going to continue the unmoderated net.sources, and will pass
them to any of our present feeds that want them.

rob

--
       william robertson			rob@philabs.philips.com

		"indecision is the key to flexibility"